شرح بالعربية من الاستاذ / مينا جرس – صاحب مكتب يو اس ايجل للمحاسبات وقوانين الضرائب
COVID-19 Stimulus Bill: What It Means for States
Direct Payments to Citizens
Direct payments to lower- and middle-income Americans. Individuals get $1,200, and married couples get $2,400—$500 per child younger than age 17.
Payments phase out for individuals with adjusted gross incomes over $75,000 ($150,000 for couples). Anyone making over $99,000 would not get a payment ($198,000 for couples). Money is expected to go out by April 6.
Expanded Unemployment Benefits
360 million for Department of Labor to invest in programs that provide training and supportive services for dislocated workers, seniors, migrant farmworkers and homeless veterans. Includes funding for implementing new paid leave and unemployment insurance benefits.
Expands unemployment insurance from three to four months, and provides temporary unemployment compensation of $600 per week, which is in addition to and the same time as regular state and federal UI benefits.
Part-time, self-employed and gig economy workers now have access to UI benefits.
Allows employers to receive an advance tax credit from the Treasury instead of having to be reimbursed on the back end.
$260 billion investment into the unemployment insurance program.
Creates regulatory authority to implement the tax credit advances.
How To Apply For Unemployment? كيفية التقديم على مساعدات الحكومة
When to Apply
Apply for benefits as soon as you are unemployed because your claim starts the week you complete the application. However, you may not apply until after your last work day. We cannot pay benefits for weeks before your claim effective date.
If your last job was for a temporary agency or staff leasing company, you have additional requirements:
- If your last job was for a temporary agency, you must immediately contact the temporary agency for a new assignment and wait three business days after your assignment ended before applying for benefits. The agency has three business days to offer you a new assignment.
- If your last job was for a staff leasing company, you must immediately contact the staff leasing company for a new assignment.
Read about how temporary work affects your benefits.
How to Apply
Apply for benefits in one of two ways:
- Apply online at Unemployment Benefit Services by selecting Apply for Benefits. Read the Applying for Unemployment Benefits Tutorial
for help applying online.
- Call a Tele-Center at 800-939-6631 and speak to a customer service representative.
Information You Need to Apply
You will need:
- Your last employer’s business name, address and phone number
- First and last dates (month, day and year) you worked for your last employer. If you worked for your last employer on more than one occasion, provide the most recent employment dates.
- Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked the week you apply for benefits (Sunday through Saturday)
- Information about the normal wage for the job you are seeking
- Alien Registration number (if not a U.S. citizen)
CURRENTLY THE BENEFITS WEBSITE IS OVERLOADED, SO IF IT DOESN’T WORK AT THE FIRST TIME. PLEASE, KEEP TRYING
WHAT IS COVID-19?
The new coronavirus, now known as Covid-19, was first encountered in November 2019, and has gone on to affect over 425,000 people in over 150 countries around the globe, causing more than 18,000 deaths.The virus can cause pneumonia-like symptoms. Those who have fallen ill are reported to suffer coughs, fever and breathing difficulties. In severe cases there can be organ failure. As this is viral pneumonia, antibiotics are of no use. The antiviral drugs we have against flu will not work. If people are admitted to hospital, they may get support for their lungs and other organs, as well as fluids. Recovery will depend on the strength of their immune system. Many of those who have died were vulnerable because of existing underlying health conditions.